Tickles offers all the social pedagogic conditions so that the infants grow in a happy and healthy manner, providing the parents with the feelings of trust, satisfaction and tranquility, established in a institution characterized by professionalism, dedication and joy.
Located in Rua São João de Brito, TICKLES is a bilingual (Portuguese/English) teaching establishment for children from their first months of life till the end of 1st Cycle.
Our educational team promotes through the individual voice of each child, facing it as a active being and author of it’s own history.
Nursery and Pre-school
In the nursery and pre-school we intend to promote integrated learning that starts from the characteristics and interests of children involving several areas of knowledge in an articulated manner.
- Promote creative and aesthetic experiences;
- Promote cultural knowledge of the artwork and it’s artist.
Dramatic expression – Story time – Theater:
- Develop the taste for stories and reading;
- Stimulate expression and disinhibition.
- Promote contact with different works and styles of music.
P.E (Physical Education):
- Develop personal and social skills through games.
- Get in touch with the English language through daily dialogues;
- Promote the appropriation of vocabulary through diverse socio-pedagogical strategies.
- Promote scientific literacy of children based on experimental activities, starting from elements of their daily lives.
Oral and written expression:
- Develop oral expression as a way to communicate and structure thoughts;
- Promote contact with written language in a playful and functional environment.
Domination of the logical and mathematical reasoning
- Develop the organization and interpretation of data processing;
- Promote the knowledge of geometry, measures and standards through games and experiences.
ICT (Information and Communication Technologies):
- Promote a critical handling of ICT’s.
- Encourage the taste for reading;
- Develop the interpretation of each story;
- Promote the initiation of literature education;
- Stimulate public presentations.
- Learning through educational materials;
- Mental calculation challenges.
- Citizenship education;
- Learning with real experiences.
- The English Programme is based on a Communicative Approach methodology;
- It develops the Listening, Speaking, Reading & Writing skills.
Project Work and ICT:
- Develops a liking for discovery of new knowledge;
- Promotes group decision making and collaborative work;
- Strengthens persistence and initiative.
Aloha Mental Arithmetic:
- Discipline with a playful and interactive character;
- Develops Student’s intelligence through key tools: Calculation with the abacus, mental arithmetic and educational games.
- Methodology of teaching through Lego Kits;
- Construction of projects and robots;
- Incentives group work, cooperation, planning research, decision making and promotes dialogue and respect of different opinions.
- Space and voice awareness;
- Concentration for public presentations;
- Improvisation in daily situations;
- Control of body and mind.
- Explore artistic possibilities;
- Release the expression in the process;
- Create work with motivation and happiness;
- Construe new working techniques.
P.E. (Physical Education):
- Stimulate dynamic coordination;
- Develop sharing capacity.
- Develop musical culture through the contact and study of instruments and composers;
- Stimulate the pleasure of listening and making music.
- Recognizes Students’ motivations and interests;
- Strengthen Students’ persistence and initiative;
- Build responsibility and confidence;
- Develop work and study habits.
Our English program is destined for children from 3 years old up to 9/10, preparing and carefully drawing in order to assure their preparation for the Young Learners of Cambridge exams.
The English program for the 3 to 6 years old is based in a TPR methodology (Total Physical Responde) and for the 6 to 9/10 years old it is centered in the Communicative Approach. Each methodology focuses on the development of each child’s Listening, Reading and Writing skills.
Tickles in numbers!
The classrooms & classes
Our classrooms are large, with natural light, equipped with all the necessary material for the social pedagogic activities, creating comfortable, happy, stimulating, safe and creative environments, that every child lives as their own.
These bunnies are very playful !
A room with chimpunks is an adventure room!
Classroom: 2 years
Personal growth side by side with future success!
A room with Duckies? What will come out of here?
Classroom: 1 year
A room filled with very strong Lions!
Classroom: 3 years
A room of fearless Wolves.
Classroom: 4/5 years
Telephone: 22 618 2000
Fax: 22 616 8124
Address: Rua S. João de Brito, 344 – Porto
3G Bus is a shuttle service offering a “ride share” to and from school as well as after school activities, athletic events or anywhere your child need to be. We provide a safe and dependable service and work closely with schools and after school activities providers